Sunday, August 16, 2009

Me singing Roobaroo

I absolutely love this song.. It has a v v special place in my heart.. So I wanted to be extra careful and get this rendition right.. :-)

This is the song that defines my generation.. That in-your-face thing..."We are here, we will conquer" attitude that most of us have... Confidence without treading into the pompous region..

First time I heard this song in 2005, I dint know what was happening...But its one of the few Rahman songs that I liked from say, the 3rd hearing, where as most of them take 7-8 serious hearings to get into your system (never to get out again!) ..

Challenges: Singing Naresh Iyer's part, then switching to the genius' part and then coming back to Iyer's "Dhuaan Chata khula gagan mera"... Wasn't easy at all...

When I started, I wanted this to be one of my best renditions.. Lets see if that is right.. :)

And finally, its my absolute dream that I should hear Rahman singing "Roobaroo" in a live concert... God willing, it will happen...Amen!

PS: This is my all time favorite cell phone ringtone as well ;)

7 comments:

Deepak Kini said...

good attempt sacanna!
chorus=superb!

Bhargav said...

The above comment is more like "Good attempt - Saku anna (bittbidu)"

But great effort da... South alli PB Srinivos, SPB bittre next neene...

Unknown said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

nice... Sachin

Akshay said...

v good.. easily ur best so far :-)

waah rahman..

next try.. kaameeeney.... tribute to VB ???

Shreyas said...

Good attempt! Your singing is getting better!

Sachin Shanbhogue said...

@Deepo--thanks reh :-)

@Thatha-- Hahaha SPB,PB and me?? good joke (I know u are kidding)... I surely don't come anywhere remotely close.. But thanks for the praise maga :-)

@Pallavi-- thanks kaNe. :-)

@Jobi- thanks dude.. loong time..wil talk to u soon..

@Alva sir-- Thanks, U made my day! I love this song and this comment is a great feeling.. Ya, I am flirting with the thought of singing Kaminey title song next.. wil take sometime though.. :-)

@Shreyas-- Thanks buddy..U have heard each song as soon as it has come out, so ur opinion surely counts..:)