Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kahi to hogi woh..

A romantic number beyond compare,with a subtle sadness/poignance attached to it. A genre that appeals to many..

The song starts with hope of finding one's beloved and the protagonist explains, why she is THE one and why he cannot live without her..

The recommended way to enjoy this song would be to close one's eyes..U are sure to be transported to another world by A R Rahman..One of his more "composed with the heart" numbers..

Trivia: This is a 2 singer song (Rashid Ali and Vasundhara Das)..I had no patience to find Vasundhara before the recording and had to sing both myself! Anyway her voice is more "robust" than Rashid Ali's making it easier for me than I thought!

And it was sung from start to finish in single take.

If this song reminds you of your beloved, I will consider it to be a good attempt.. Let me know ;)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one man...

Badam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Badam said...

Way to go man, its lovely....
Keep killing people.

Akshay said...

good v good ! rahman ..waaah

overated antha innond sala helu nodona :P

santhosh said...

Its a pretty good attempt man..Though i have always felt its not a good idea to karaoke duet songs...

Sachin Shanbhogue said...

@Vishnu--thanks a ton buddy :)

@Badam--hahahaha..thanks guru :)

@Alva-- Thanks sir..ARR is a genius no dbt.It is my opinion that the hype surrounding him is too much..Not his fault :)

@Santhosh--Thanks buddy..very true abt duets..But I love this song so much that I felt I should try :)

Gaurav Bhatnagar said...

Sachin knows intricacies of singing romantic songs. Blessed with a high pitch voice. A voice which really kicks thoughts of a listener. He is real talented my friends!!!!

Deepak Nag said...

Good job! Sac...

Sachin Shanbhogue said...

@Gaurav--Shukriya dost.High praise indeed! Will continue trying my best..:-)

BTW,Aag aag aag laga dee aapne toh..PhaaD diya bilkul hi bhaisahab.. :-)

@Deepak--Dhanyavada guruve..Yeno nimmellara ashirwada! :-)

sunil said...

Full fan sir.. I never knew u could sing so well.. may be the feeling you had showed up in the song and made it sound better.. :-)

Deepak Kini said...

Super sac!
Way to go!
a little more refined and u can playback :P
but since this is a single take, KUDOS TO YOU!

Sachin Shanbhogue said...

@Sunil - Thanks so much buddy :)

@Deepo-- WOW!!Thanks deva..Will keep trying :)

Rudy Shiv said...

Good one Sachin..!!

Unknown said...

you gave a new meaning to the word 'MESMERIZE'. Indeed I am mesmerized and will now continue to listen to this till u mesmerize me with another song.....Cheerz...

Sachin Shanbhogue said...

@Rudra-- thanks guruve :)

@Aprameya-- thanks so much buddy! Am glad u liked it so much..Hope u like my next song even better than this :)